Evolving Port

Port Melbourne and Fishermans Bend continue to change. Houses are changed or demolished and new forms of housing take their place. Port Houses records some of these changes.

Friday, November 22, 2019

286 Rouse St, Port Melbourne

November 2019

The development is complete and occupied. The plaque commemorating that this site was the first to be connected to the new Melbourne sewerage system in 1897 has been seamlessly re-instated into the footpath.

to the corner - Princes and Rouse Sts, Port Melbourne

plaque in the Princes St footpath 


11 September 2018

The scaffolding is removed to reveal ...


January 2018

Status report

14 01 2018
May 2017

On 27 April, a new builder was appointed to complete the development after a long hiatus. Excavation by the previous builders apparently damaged neighbouring houses and building work halted. 

12 January 2016

It doesn't take long. Graffiti despoils Sable Bleu. The information booth has disappeared - perhaps it was not approved?



Marketing - January 2016

27 November 2015

By the end of the week, the display suite for Sable Bleu is in place. There are 14 apartments in this 4 level development, advertised as residences.
Architects: Selwyn Blackstone



24 November 2015

Trees gone. Site almost clear.


14 November 2015

The houses on the corner of Rouse and Princes St are being demolished.




in the summer - November 2015

May 2015


The Council supported the application with conditions on 19 May 2015 PO953/2013.

In the autumn - May 2015

The All England Eleven Hotel was formerly on this site. Refer to the Port Melbourne Historical and Preservation Society website for more information. 

It was also the first site to be sewered in all of Melbourne.

During the sale period, people expressed their views about the development potential of the site.



2014


The planning application is advertised

No comments:

Post a Comment